Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 13 - Eagles!




My family and I went to Canton to Mississippi Park hoping to see some Bald Eagles.  It is funny, I had never seen a Bald Eagle in a natural habitat.  The photo above is of an eagle about to land on a tree.  This is one of my better shots because it was so close to us.  I was upset because it looked like it had flown off and was not coming back.  At that time it was the only one we had seen.  But then it turned around and came back straight at us and to the tree.  You can see how his legs are dangling, ready to land.  

This photo below is seconds after he landed.  I didn't get one of him actually landing on the tree.  



I thought it was odd when we were driving by this tree with corn stuck in it.  But then I realized that they had that around a lot of the trees.  I figured that it was feed or something for the eagles, to attract them.  Ooh La La.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!