Monday, October 15, 2007

No better place to be...


Marvin helping Jonathan adjust his saddle - on Governor

I truly do love my life.  How wonderful is that?  I am blessed beyond belief.  I shake my head in wonder almost every day - just amazed at how great life is.  I have been blessed with 2 sweet boys and a remarkable husband.  We have our health, as do our family members.... including Mom and Dad (right next door).  We are surrounded by open spaces , loving family, and dear friends.  In my mind, there is no better place to be than right here.... at Willis Creek Ranch!

Now, I have heard people comment that “happy people are shallow people”.  Or that they have just had “easy lives”.  I don’t buy that for a minute.  I just know that we have a choice each and every day - to choose to be happy and contented or to choose to be grumpy and discontented.  Does that mean that every single moment of my existence is all sweetness and light?  NO!  :)  But it does mean that I can see God’s hand in every moment.  And I can draw joy, or peace, or humor, or even the dreaded “character” from every moment.

Yesterday was some of that “character building”.  I had my 3 year check up/colonoscopy.  I had hoped to be “free and clear”, but instead I had 2 polyps - which were removed.  That is okay - I am so grateful that we know to do these procedures and can take care of it - rather than waiting until I am 50 to “suddenly” discover that I have colon cancer.  Wow - that puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?  Mom’s cancer in 2004 more than likely saved my life.   I never would have had a check up if it hadn’t been for her.

It was so nice to come home yesterday.  So nice to come home to my boys (all 3 of them!) who were happy to see me and glad I was back.  So nice to come home to a messy house, a desk piled with too many “things to do” and sweet hugs and kisses from my little guy.  I truly do love my life.  I love watching the way God works his wonders through our joy and through our pain.  I cherish my time with my (entire) family and am so grateful my boys know their grandparents, cousins, etc. so well.  (Even though our Oklahoma family is farther away, the ties are just as close - as if they were here, too.) And I am so glad that when it comes down to it, when the rubber hits the road - my boys are learning to choose joy, too. 






4 Comments
Candace
Laura, so beautifully said! I makes me miss y'all even more!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 -05:13 PM

Robin (SHS)
Wow! Wonderful post and it really does put things in perspective.
We were running very late for a field trip today. One I had put together so I needed to be there. I was stressed until we came upon a VERY bad accident. The rescue workers were trying to remove someone from a mangled car. I immediately prayed for them and felt very silly about being so upset about a field trip.
Btw, I love the design of your blog!
Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 08:40 PM

Laura
Candace - we miss you all, too! :)
Robin - Wow - those kinds of things really do get our attention, don't they? Thanks for your comments!
Friday, October 19, 2007 - 02:40 PM

Jodi from SHS
Very nice post indeed, well said!
Thanks for visiting my blog the other day.

Friday, November 2, 2007 - 09:51 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!