Saturday, November 21, 2009

Creamed Cabbage



Yum!!  This is one of my favorite dishes EVER!  Seriously, it is.  :)

Cut up a head of cabbage and put in microwave safe bowl.  Sprinkle cabbage with salt and pepper as desired.  Heat in microwave until crisp tender.  (I cover the bowl with a tupperware cover and I don’t add water.)

Make your cream sauce...... melt butter and add flour to make a roux.  Add in salt, pepper and a little garlic.  Then add your milk and whisk until thickened and smooth.  Add in a bit of cheese of your choice.  I typically use a little shredded Colby Jack and Parmesan.  You don’t want to add a lot of cheese, just a bit.

Place crisp tender cabbage in baking pan and cover with sauce.  Cover pan with foil and heat in oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, then remove foil and let brown for about 5 to 10 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!