The good news? Last night I completed 2007! :) That may not seem like much, but it felt like a milestone of sorts. The bad news? I still have all of 2008 - 2011 to go! And that is about 500 more posts to go. For each post that I rebuild here I copy the text from a pdf of the old blogs (that I saved just before they were taken down a few years ago) and then I must sift through my old iPhoto albums to find the corresponding photos. As long as I posted in chronological order, it is only time consuming. But, every once in awhile I seemed to like to 'go back' or grab older photos to post about. THOSE posts make me groan now... they are much harder to rebuild. :)
I will try to post another update here in the 'current' time when I complete each of the remaining years of posts. I would love to get this whole thing done by Christmas. It is so important to me to have all of the old blogs online again. Often I would like to link back to an event that I *know* I blogged about. But, even more, as I go through this process I am reliving so many wonderful moments from the boys childhood... it is quite nostalgic. And goodness, time has passed quickly. So many things 'seem like yesterday'. But, clearly, they were not...
(Note - ALL recipes are completely updated here. I did that job first. :) What remains are the 500+ blog posts that were on my old home and school blogs. That is why you see some posts already updated clear through 2011. I had to have my online cookbook up and running ASAP.) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!