Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Garlic Herb Chicken




This is one of Marvin’s favorites.  I like that it is simple and fast.   Pour a little olive oil in a skillet and heat.  Put thawed chicken breasts in hot oil then quickly sprinkle the tops with salt, pepper and garlic herb seasoning.  Sometimes I also sprinkle onion flakes on top.  Brown the outside of the chicken breast quickly then turn over and repeat the steps.  When you have the chicken nicely seared on both sides cover with tight fitting lid, lower heat and allow to cook through.  Just before the chicken is done, pour about 1/3 cup of lemon juice in pan and tilt skillet to let the juice cover the entire bottom of the skillet.  The lemon juice will deglaze the pan and slightly thicken.  Serve chicken immediately.  We like this with wild rice and veggies.  I also like to have it with sweet potatoes and broccoli.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!