Ooooohhhh, this was GOOD! My friend Diane had been posting recipes all week long on facebook and they all looked yummy. But when she posted this one I knew I was going to have to make it! I invited my sister up to join me since I knew my fellas wouldn’t touch it. :) This is a definite keeper and I can’t wait for a ladies lunch where I can serve this again. The original recipe is here, but Diane and I changed things up a bit. My recipe is posted below.
Spinach Feta Quiche
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 package Feta cheese crumbles
fresh spinach (about a bagful)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Saute onion in butter until almost translucent. Add in fresh spinach and wilt in skillet. In a large bowl whisk together yogurt and milk until smooth. Whisk in eggs. Add both kinds of cheese. Stir in onion and spinach mixture. Pour into pie shell. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until top is golden and filling is set.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!