Monday, January 17, 2011

Mini Baked Ham Sandwiches





My wonderful sister-in-law gave me the Downing Christian Church Women’s Auxiliary cookbook at Christmas.  I LOVE these compilation cookbooks SO much!!  I have been enjoying browsing through it and have cooked up a few of the recipes.  So far, this is my favorite one!  We made this for lunch the other day and it was a hit with all except Jonathan.  (I truly don’t know if there is a recipe out there that all 4 of us equally love!!)   :)  I could see this recipe being a great carry in or picnic dish.  Fast, easy and portable.  

Mini Baked Ham Sandwiches
1 (12 pack) King’s Hawaiian Rolls
1 lb. deli ham, shaved
1 lb. Swiss cheese slices
1 1/2 sticks butter (I did NOT use near this much.  I think I used about 3/4 of one stick of butter and will cut that down next time.  I would say 1/3 to 1/2 of a stick would be plenty!!)
1 1/2 teas. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teas. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teas. minced onion (I used onion flakes quite liberally)

Melt butter and mix in mustard, worcestershire sauce and onion.  Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves separately intact.)  In a 9 x 13 inch pan place the bottom half of rolls and cover with ham and cheese, the place the top half of the rolls on top.  Drizzle butter mixture over the top.  Refrigerate overnight.  (note - I didn’t do this... I made them and cooked them immediately)  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.  Cover with foil for the first 15 minutes, then uncover for the last 5 to 10 minutes.  

before they went in the oven

out of the oven ready to eat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!