This is another recipe from the Downing Women’s Auxiliary cookbook. Marvin and I liked this one, but I would probably pair it with rice the next time around. It was a simple, comfort food casserole.
3 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
3 Tablespoons poppy seed
1/2 stick butter
1 tube of Ritz crackers, crumbled
Place shredded chicken in bottom of 9 x 9 inch pan. (I used the Pampered Chef oval baker) In large bowl mix soup, sour cream and poppy seed. Spread sauce over chicken. Melt butter in saucepan. Brown Ritz crackers in butter. Spread over sauce and chicken. Bake for 30 minutes, covered at 350 degrees. Uncover and cook for about 10 more minutes or until crackers are browned.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!