Monday, January 17, 2011

Beef Au Jus Sandwiches



I slow cooked 2 roasts with an onion, 3 beef bouillon cubes and 2 cups of water.  When it was done I shredded the meat and am using it for various recipes.  The first of which was Beef Au Jus Sandwiches.   This recipe is similar to Pioneer Woman’s Marlboro Man sandwiches, but I think I might like this one better, if you can believe it!

1 can Campbell’s Condensed French Onion Soup
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
3/4 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef (again, I used shredded beef roast this time)
4 Soft Hoagie Rolls
4 slices provolone cheese
some onion 
butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Saute the sliced onions in a couple Tbsp. of butter then set aside.  Heat soup and worcestershire sauce in a saucepan on medium high heat to a boil.  Butter the split hoagie buns and place on baking sheet.  Put them in the oven for about 3 - 5 minutes to brown slightly.  Then take them out and divide the beef among the rolls.  Spoon the soup mixture over beef on rolls.  Top with sauteed onions and cheese slices.  Bake about 5 minutes or until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted.  Spoon soup mixture over sandwiches again if desired.  Can also serve with some of the sauce for dipping.  Wonderful!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!