Rev. Jim called me today and asked me if I would jot down a few of my “rules
for living” to be among those shared during church tomorrow. Sure, I said,
but it gave me some pause. What are my rules for living? That is something
that I seem to innately know but how do I write them down? However, this
seems like a good thing for me to work through - and I believe I will be
thinking on this way beyond today’s post.
My mind started to run through various thoughts and ideas.... such as my New Year's Resolution for this year..... I am giving up cleaning. I have looked at my schedule and something just has to go. This seems like the only thing that is negotiable. :)
Now what else is a "rule for living"? Here are some that are important guidelines for me - in no particular order....
Laugh often - this is a big one. Even if it doesn't change a situation, it can help get you through it.
Pray - I don't just believe in miracles, I rely on them.
Remember - remember "where you come from", your heritage, your roots. But mostly, remember you are a child of God. You can rest in the palm of His hand.
Appreciate - have a grateful heart. Life is good!
Seek God - in all that you do.
I have a plaque on my wall that I really like. I have had it for years. This is what it says...
My mind started to run through various thoughts and ideas.... such as my New Year's Resolution for this year..... I am giving up cleaning. I have looked at my schedule and something just has to go. This seems like the only thing that is negotiable. :)
Now what else is a "rule for living"? Here are some that are important guidelines for me - in no particular order....
Laugh often - this is a big one. Even if it doesn't change a situation, it can help get you through it.
Pray - I don't just believe in miracles, I rely on them.
Remember - remember "where you come from", your heritage, your roots. But mostly, remember you are a child of God. You can rest in the palm of His hand.
Appreciate - have a grateful heart. Life is good!
Seek God - in all that you do.
I have a plaque on my wall that I really like. I have had it for years. This is what it says...
Live Abundantly
The more you give,
the more you get....
The more you laugh,
the less you fret...
The more you do
unselfishly,
the more
you live abundantly.
The more you love,
the more you'll find,
that life is good
and friends are kind.
For only what we
give away
enriches us from
day to day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!