Saturday, March 28, 2009

Slow Cooker London Broil




This was such an easy dish to prepare and both boys LOVED it!  They actually fought over the last piece!  We WILL be doing this one again and again and again.  :)

I served it with baked potatoes, salad, peas and corn.  Also, I cooked mine in my Pampered Chef stoneware bowl with lid.  I use my stoneware combo for all ‘slow cooker’ recipes.  Because I was a bit later putting this in the oven, I cooked it at 350 degrees for about 2 hours.   However, you could bake it at 275 degrees for about 4 or 5 hours.  You can adjust the time to fit your schedule and needs.  

Here is the original recipe link.

INGREDIENTS 
2 pounds flank steak (I used round steak)
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
           (I added 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 onion coarsely chopped.)

DIRECTIONS
1. Place meat in the bottom of the slow cooker; if necessary, slice meat to make it fit!
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together mushroom soup, tomato soup, chopped onion, worcestershire sauce and dry onion soup mix. Pour mixture over beef.     
  2. *I place my pierced (skin on) baking potatoes right on top of the beef/sauce to slow cook along with the beef.  It is a one-step way to add baked potatoes to any slow cooker meal.          
  3. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.  

Nutritional Information
Slow Cooker London Broil
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 198
Total Fat: 11.1g
Cholesterol: 36mg
Sodium: 801mg
Total Carbs: 9.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 14.9g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!