Monday, March 3, 2008

Handprints - 365/63


This impression of the boys handprints is on our back patio. I remember clearly the day we poured that concrete and the boys excitedly made their marks. It is getting well worn - a sign of the many bikes ridden over it and the games played around it these last few years. For me, it has all gone by so quickly. But, I can look at those sweet little handprints and remember....


Jonathan and Jackson's handprints


5 Comments
jenny
I love that idea~ It is amazing how fast time goes by with children.

When I was four, my parents had me make hand prints in our newly poured concrete patio.  As I grew up, those hand prints remained there for me to see.  Even though my parents did it to preserve a moment in time while I was young, it really was an encouragement to me as a child.  Seeing those hands made me feel special and valued...worth enough to preserve.  Thanks for helping me remember a memory I would like to create for my own children.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 - 10:26 AM

julie
Good to have a piece of the past imbedded and preserved.  Almost like a photograph, only better.
page1image16928 page1image17088
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 - 03:05 PM


Laura
Jenny -
Thanks so much for sharing your perspective of this as a child.  I hope my boys have the same experience as you and always know how treasured they are.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 - 04:00 PM

Amy
We had a plaster cast made of Rachael's hand when she was 2 or 3.  It got shattered during our last move.  It broke my heart!  When we sell our current house and find our "forever" house, I will definitely have to try the concrete handprints.  Of course, Rachael's only 11 and her hands and feet are as big as mine!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 11:23 PM

Kristine
That's neat to read Jenny's perspective.  I remember doing this in concrete too as a child, and thinking it was neat that it would be there forever (however long that was to a little kid!).

These are sweet.  My brain's flying, WHAT do we have at our new house to preserve our kids' time? The closest it gets is dog mudprints on the side of the house...

Waaahhhhhhhh!
Saturday, March 8, 2008 - 07:54 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!