![]() |
Partial reunion group at Magruder Hall
|
I love that my dear Uncle Ernest and Aunt Marjorie were so courageous and made the very long, very difficult journey out here to MO. This will be the last time they make that trip alone, but they made it. And we were so honored to have them here with us. It truly brings me to tears.
I love that my super talented cousin, Chris shares his passion for arrowheads and the associated history with all of us. And that he and Wanda are so generous with their time and their home - to invite us all out to their place for a yummy dinner and great music. These two fine folks are among the hardest working people I know. And also the most loyal and loving. They bless us all.
I love that my cousins, Stephanie and Shannon bring Aunt Carolyn to so many events. Not only does it give us the blessing of seeing Aunt Carolyn, it gives us wonderful moments with them, as well. I so appreciate that the commitment to family and family gatherings is evident in the next generations. They are marvelous examples for all of us.
I love that the connections go across the generations.... the sense of humor, the laughter.... is so evident in everyone.
I love that each year, family from all around the country makes the enormous effort to block off that weekend in July and travel to be together for the reunion. Remarkable! It isnΚΌt easy to do and this group consistently gets it done!!!
I love that our family has honorary members.... people that have become like family to us across the years.... and that they are also willing to come join us!!!
I love that we remember our roots. That we spend time each year talking about those who have gone on before us. That we share a marvelous oral history (although we really have to work to get that oral history documented!)
![]() |
| Julie pointing out Dora Mae in photo in her office |
I love that my family is a family of faith. That is the single greatest legacy that has been handed down generation after generation. This is a family that is united by the common bonds of shared history and shared faith. It goes far beyond even Oak Ridge, but that is a good symbol and we cherish all that it represents.
I love that my family is diverse, that we each have our own talents and interests, that united we can be a powerful force. I love that my children are recognizing the joys of family and the uniqueness of these kinds of bonds. They realize that not very many families are like this.... that it is something to cherish and to protect..... and that it requires a lot of work to keep something like this going. My prayer is that as the torch passes to our generation that we can pledge to not let it slip away.... that we continue to protect and grow this special legacy of family, of faith, and of love.
I truly love my family. What a blessing. Thank you all!!!
I truly love my family. What a blessing. Thank you all!!!
1 Comment
Hannah
WONDERFUL post!! thank you Aunt Laura for recording and reflecting all the moments you have on this blog, it's amazing and beautiful! love you and miss you!
Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:25 PM
Hannah
WONDERFUL post!! thank you Aunt Laura for recording and reflecting all the moments you have on this blog, it's amazing and beautiful! love you and miss you!
Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:25 PM


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!