Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thai Chicken and Coconut Rice




Oh my goodness, *I* thought this was YUMMY!  My three fellas weren’t quite as impressed.  Sometimes it is hard to live with 3 ‘meat and taters’ guys.   :)

It reminded me a lot of my Curried Chicken with Couscous - but the addition of the Coconut Rice was just lovely.  I’ll have to make this again when I have a ladies get together.  :)

Here is the original recipe.  

2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
2 c water
1 tsp salt
2 c uncooked long grain rice
2 T creamy peanut butter
4 T soy sauce
1-4 tsp chili garlic paste  (I didn’t have this so omitted it)
1/4 c sesame oil
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chunked
6 green onions, thinly sliced
2 med red bell peppers, thinly sliced - I also added green peppers
I added sliced carrots - Yummy!

Rice:
-bring 2 cups of the milk added to the water with salt to a boil.
-add rice, lower to simmer and cook 20 min

Sauce for Chicken:
-whisk rest of milk, peanut butter, soy and chili garlic paste

Chicken:
-in oil saute chicken, add onion and peppers (and carrots)
-cook for 10 min

-Add sauce, simmer 3 min

Serve chicken over the rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!