Okay, this has truly been a crazy weather year... from winter all the way through spring to summer. We have had ice storms, blizzards, winter than went on until nearly May and an unseasonably cool and wet summer. (Remember the flood we had here a few weeks ago?) But now my red maple tree is CHANGING COLORS!! And it isn't the only one! One of my yellow maples is also showing signs of color in its leaves. How can this be? At first I thought maybe my tree had contracted some kind of disease or was dying... but now I think it is just beginning its fall change. Oh my. The calendar says it is August 21, but today was rainy, dreary, and cold. So was yesterday. I honestly would have believed anyone who told me it was the first week of October. I was ready to pull out the pumpkins, bake a pot roast, and cuddle in a blanket! This just doesn't look good. I am SO not ready for an early fall/winter!
1 Comment
De'Etta@Choosing Joy
Fall already? YIKES! what a strange summer. Catching up on blogs.
Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 02:53 PM
De'Etta@Choosing Joy
Fall already? YIKES! what a strange summer. Catching up on blogs.
Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 02:53 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!