Yum! This hit the spot on this cool, rainy evening. I sort of made it up as I went along, but it sure turned out tasty.
Melt 1/2 stick of butter in bottom of stock pot. Add 4 - 6 cloves of crushed garlic and 1 onion diced. Saute in butter until onions are semi-clear. Add about 1/2 cup of flour (more or less) and brown slightly. Pour in about 1 quart of milk, stirring constantly. Add about 1 quart of water and then 1 can of evaporated milk. (Or, if you aren’t like me tonight, and have enough milk, just add mostly milk! But, sometimes you have to improvise!) :)
Heat through then add 1 bag of California Blend vegetables. (you can cut these up and zap them in the microwave beforehand if you like) I had leftover mashed potatoes and added them, too. Dice up about 2/3 of a package of Velveeta cheese and add to soup (or use any kind of cheese). Add 4 chicken bouillon cubes and salt & pepper to taste. (You will need to check on taste and keep adding until it is right.) Now you just stand there and stir it until it heats all the way through and the cheese melts. :) Watch out, the bottom will want to scorch.
I served this soup with mini Ciabatta rolls and it was just perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!