Lousy photo, GREAT SOUP! :)
We love homemade soup around here. This is one of our favorites!
Hearty Potato Soup
potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
carrots, peeled and sliced penny style
celery, sliced
onion, chopped
garlic, 1 clove
1/4 stick butter
1 large box of chicken broth
1/2 gallon (or so) milk
salt and pepper to taste
In a LARGE stock pot melt the butter and then add the sliced veggies and garlic to pan to saute on medium to medium high heat. Cook until crisp tender stirring (and adding water as needed) to prevent scorching. Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper and finish the cooking of veggies. Finally, add in the milk and stir until heated completely through. This makes a lovely, large pot of soup.
How many veggies?? Well, I never know for sure, I just throw them in till it looks right. But I would guess this way to make a big pot like we always like....
1 onion
8 carrots
12 medium potatoes
4 stalks celery

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!