This is a Pampered Chef recipe that can be adjusted in several ways. I will put the original recipe first (which is the recipe used in photo above) and then I’ll put the various ways that we have also made this.
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, divided
1 medium onion (about 2/3 cup chopped)
1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
3 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
Chop cilantro. Place cream cheese in bowl and microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese. Mix well. Chop onion (or just use Onion Flakes) and add to cheese mixture. Spread 2/3 cup Enchilada Sauce over bottom of pan (I use the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker - about 5 x 8 inches).
To assemble lasagna, dip four corn tortillas into enchilada sauce (in mixing bowl) and arrange over sauce in baker, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas and spread evenly. Top with 1/2 of the chicken. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four corn tortillas into sauce and arrange over top of the layers. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12 - 15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes.
Serves 8
Variations -
Instead of using corn tortillas, use flour tortillas. (Marvin actually prefers the flour tortillas) Also, you can use beans instead of the chicken. I like to use Refried Black Beans. I typically start this dish in the microwave for about 5 minutes, then finish it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then I uncover and let it cook an additional 5 minutes. It is still quick and easy and is good either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!