One of my favorite sandwiches ever is the basic Reuben. That is often my test of a new sandwich place.... how is their Reuben? Manhattan restaurant here in town has a great Reuben. One other place here in town.... not so much. Ah well. I think I like my own Reuben best of all, anyway. :) I certainly seem to be hooked on these lately!
Reuben Sandwich
Rye bread (I use a light rye)
butter
corned beef
swiss cheese slices
sauerkraut
Thousand Island dressing
Lightly butter one side of each bread slice. On non buttered side layer a slice of swiss cheese, slices of corned beef, the sauerkraut and another layer of swiss cheese. Spread the insides of the bread slices with Thousand Island dressing and put all together. Grill sandwich on both sides until golden brown and heated through. YUM!!!!!
This sandwich goes really well with the Hearty Potato Soup. Goodness.... I may have to go make one right now! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!