We have had flooding rain after flooding rain all summer long. It has been raining pretty much nonstop for the last 2 days this go around alone. And it is forecasted to continue through tomorrow. I think we are at about 6 inches just from this rain. No wonder our windows rotted out!! :) Of course, we have nothing on the poor folks effected by Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. What a year.
On another note, I am borrowing a few photos that were taken of Daddy and Governor by the ATSU photographer. They are just too good not to share here.
![]() |
| Cool shot of Daddy and Governor riding off into the sunset... or at least the north 40. :) |
6 Comments
Kerry
Laura,
Some of my best memories are riding in the rain! It's "The Good Life"! (Maybe because my allergies were always worse on sunny days, I just remember the rides on rainy days more favorably.)
But these pics of Dad are fantastic! Do we have print quality tiffs? I would like to frame the one on the top of the page and keep it in my office!!!
PEACE
Kerry
Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 03:34 PM
Kerry
Laura,
Some of my best memories are riding in the rain! It's "The Good Life"! (Maybe because my allergies were always worse on sunny days, I just remember the rides on rainy days more favorably.)
But these pics of Dad are fantastic! Do we have print quality tiffs? I would like to frame the one on the top of the page and keep it in my office!!!
PEACE
Kerry
Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 03:34 PM
De'Etta
Oh, I love these photos.
Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 05:16 PM
Kirkepiscatoid
Yeah, but my favorite is still the one from several years back on Frosty. I still remember the year in the Homecoming parade when my grandmother was still alive (the first year Jack rode Governor in a parade instead of Frosty) and Granny folding her arms, sort of snorting, and going, "That horse is too small for him. A big man's s'posed to be on a big horse!" (But she would have thought Mel is too small for me, too. She never bought my logic that Mel would live into my 70's and I didn't want a mount that I could not get on at age 70!)
But I did at least obey her instructions that "A mule's s'posed to have a short name...like Sam or Red or something."
Oh, I love these photos.
Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 05:16 PM
Kirkepiscatoid
Yeah, but my favorite is still the one from several years back on Frosty. I still remember the year in the Homecoming parade when my grandmother was still alive (the first year Jack rode Governor in a parade instead of Frosty) and Granny folding her arms, sort of snorting, and going, "That horse is too small for him. A big man's s'posed to be on a big horse!" (But she would have thought Mel is too small for me, too. She never bought my logic that Mel would live into my 70's and I didn't want a mount that I could not get on at age 70!)
But I did at least obey her instructions that "A mule's s'posed to have a short name...like Sam or Red or something."
Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:31 PM
Donna
These are great, Laura! I especially love the first one. I'd HAVE to have that framed if it was my daddy. :)
Monday, September 15, 2008 - 09:33 PM
Dorothy
Nice photos. Glad you managed some sun between the rain!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 12:26 PM
Susanna
These pictures look like they should be in a magazine!
Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 03:56 PM
These are great, Laura! I especially love the first one. I'd HAVE to have that framed if it was my daddy. :)
Monday, September 15, 2008 - 09:33 PM
Dorothy
Nice photos. Glad you managed some sun between the rain!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 12:26 PM
Susanna
These pictures look like they should be in a magazine!
Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 03:56 PM



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!