Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The start of something big

This may not look like much, but trust me this IS the start of something BIG! We are finally gearing up to remodel the basement. Up to this point our basement has been a wide open area with a concrete floor (painted green no lessthat served as a toy room/catchall. The boys used to ride their little bikes and scooters down there during the winter, but they seem to have outgrown that. More recently they have been longing for a family room type area where they could “hang out”. :We tried to do that by putting an old living room furniture down there, complete with a TV, but it didn’t work. What they REALLY wanted, they kept telling us, was a REAL basement. (uh... I actually thought that this WAS a real basement.... but I digress.They love Julie’s basement especially and always feel more comfortable in hers. I think they like the cozy feel of her basement with the true finished walls (not our totally uncool panelling!), full carpeting and a room surrounding the big, scary sounding heating and air conditioner apparatus. I can’t say that I blame them.

Well, we are finally doing it. We are going to create a family room on one side complete with real walls and carpeting. :The other side will be half storage and half TKD practice room/toy room. We are doing this ourselves to save money. Of course, you realize that I mean the royal “we”. Poor Marvin. He is absolutely amazing!!!









Here is what he did today.... this is the wall splitting the storage room/TKD room.  Jackson has been a big help to him as well. 







I know Marvin was especially glad to have him to help with this.  Everything in the basement had to be moved to one side - but soon they will get to move it all back to the other side.  Ugh!  



Wish us luck!  Please!!  :)


5 Comments
corey
Where are we going to have lightsaber fights?
Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:09 AM

De'Etta
It will be fun to watch the progress of your new, improved, totally cool basement! LOL
Thursday, September 25, 2008 09:31 PM

Donna
Oh this will be fun!! The having it done, not the doing it! lol.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:06 PM

Kristine
HOW cool! I'd LOVE to do something with our basement!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008 -07:46 PM

Hannah
Wow!! Way to go! I look forward to seeing the progress at Christmas!
Friday, October 10, 2008 11:02 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!