Monday, August 27, 2007

Praying Mantix


Look what we found on our window! A large (about 6 inches or so) praying mantis.  What a great opportunity for a close up look.  The boys thought it was pretty cool and, of course, wanted to take some pictures.  :)  We went outside to get another view.  (See picture below...)  The boys wanted to be sure and share this with all of you! 








4 Comments
Kerry
Dear Jackson and Jonathan,
This is SOOO cool! I wish we could have been there to see it, too. But at least we have the pictures! Thank you for taking the pictures so that you could show us this amazing creature on your window.
You live in a perfect place for nature study! I loved reading about your study of owl pellets, too, and I can't wait to hear more.
PEACE Uncle Kerry
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 11:05 AM

Jackson and Jonathan
Hi Uncle Kerry,
Thanks for your note about the pictures. We now have 2 living on our window! Actually,
they are living in the bush next to the window.
Jackson and Jonathan
Sunday, September 2, 2007 - 02:09 PM

Dana
Did you know those things can eat hummingbirds? I saw a picture of one...Yikes!
http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/site/backyardbirds/hummingbirds/mantis-hummer.aspx
Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 02:58 AM

Laura in MO
Oh my! That is something! Thanks for sending the link along. The boys will love it, I am sure! :)
Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 11:47 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!