Friday, May 16, 2008

Guys Weekend


Wow!  It has been awhile.  So, where have we been??  We have just been so busy!  Time is flying by.  At night I just fall into bed instead of getting on the computer to blog or go check blogs.  I do hate being behind - especially on catching up with my fellow bloggers happenings.  Hopefully we will be a little less frenetic soon.

The big highlight was that last weekend was the “guys weekend in Shelbina”.  Daddy, Marvin, Uncle Charles and Uncle Mitch do this twice a year.  They take the horses, the wagon and their campers and spend a long weekend together riding and relaxing.  They always have a wonderful time.  This year was no exception.... however, they did have to contend with somewhat cold, rainy weather.  Here are some pictures - first of getting ready and then from the actual weekend. 







My Daddy

I love him!

Lady and Jackson

Marvin

my deep thinkers...  :D  

Jonathan visiting with Shadow

Jonathan leading Governor to the horse trailer

Marvin taking Runner to load


Daddy bringing Bob to load

Jackson leading Dick 

Dick, Jackson, and Bob


Marvin, Jackson, Grandpa, and Jonathan

hugging good-by

And they're off!!



hitched up and ready for a ride in Shelbina


Dick and Bob

Marvin and Mitch with the horses at Wood Cemetery 

Stopping at Lowman Chapel



3 Comments

Anonymous
Wow, I have to say you live in the most beautiful place.
Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 06:22 PM

Laura
Thank you! :)
Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:46 PM

Donna
Laura, we have neighbors that raise Haflingers.  Beautiful horses.  I bet you'd never guess I used to ride many years ago--barrels and pole bending.  :)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 -01:53 PM 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!