Well, you know how I like to make a second impression. Remember our last trip to the eye doctor? We returned on Wednesday
to pick up Jonathan’s new glasses. Jackson wisely decided to stay at
home since we were again borrowing Mom’s wonderful little yellow
car. :)
Once again, one of my poor children was the recipient of concerned stares from the front desk folks. Once again, their oblivious mother turned to look and see why. Duh. Poor Jonathan had been to our regular doctor on Tuesday to check out some spots on his cheeks. Turns out they were {insert *really long technical name that I not only can’t pronounce, but can’t remember either* here}. The solution was to freeze them off. As a result, Jonathan had all these blistery sores on his cheeks. Poor kid.... we had just gotten used to it and didn’t think about how it looked to others. I sheepishly (not THIS feeling again) told them about his earlier doctor’s appointment. I think they really do wonder about us, though.
Jonathan did a great job in choosing his glasses. He looks quite sharp in them and is fairly conciliatory about wearing them. To celebrate, we went to Burger King and got a bite to eat. Jonathan was enjoying checking out this new world with his glasses. He gave it a thumbs up. I wanted to take a picture of him with his fabulous new glasses, but he was suddenly self conscious of the spots on his face. (I think the eye doctor’s visit did that to him). He refused to let me take a picture of his face, but allowed me to get his hands. :) So... you will all just have to wait to see his cool new glasses!
Done with our snack we hopped in the little yellow car to head for home. Guess what? New glasses in a little car make you feel..... woozy. Can we say De Ja Vu? About half way home I pulled over to the side of the road, shoved the front passenger seat as far back as it would go (trying to get out of shot of the air bag) and let him climb in front.
Thankfully, we made it home without a repeat of Jackson’s adventures. But Jonathan did have a word of advice for me.... “Mom, quit borrowing Grandma’s car to take us to the eye doctor!” Point taken.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 08:25 PM
Once again, one of my poor children was the recipient of concerned stares from the front desk folks. Once again, their oblivious mother turned to look and see why. Duh. Poor Jonathan had been to our regular doctor on Tuesday to check out some spots on his cheeks. Turns out they were {insert *really long technical name that I not only can’t pronounce, but can’t remember either* here}. The solution was to freeze them off. As a result, Jonathan had all these blistery sores on his cheeks. Poor kid.... we had just gotten used to it and didn’t think about how it looked to others. I sheepishly (not THIS feeling again) told them about his earlier doctor’s appointment. I think they really do wonder about us, though.
Jonathan did a great job in choosing his glasses. He looks quite sharp in them and is fairly conciliatory about wearing them. To celebrate, we went to Burger King and got a bite to eat. Jonathan was enjoying checking out this new world with his glasses. He gave it a thumbs up. I wanted to take a picture of him with his fabulous new glasses, but he was suddenly self conscious of the spots on his face. (I think the eye doctor’s visit did that to him). He refused to let me take a picture of his face, but allowed me to get his hands. :) So... you will all just have to wait to see his cool new glasses!
Done with our snack we hopped in the little yellow car to head for home. Guess what? New glasses in a little car make you feel..... woozy. Can we say De Ja Vu? About half way home I pulled over to the side of the road, shoved the front passenger seat as far back as it would go (trying to get out of shot of the air bag) and let him climb in front.
Thankfully, we made it home without a repeat of Jackson’s adventures. But Jonathan did have a word of advice for me.... “Mom, quit borrowing Grandma’s car to take us to the eye doctor!” Point taken.
1 Comment
Kristine
Oh, that poor kid in the woozy car with the new glasses!
Kristine
Oh, that poor kid in the woozy car with the new glasses!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!