Well, once again December is shaping up to be an ‘interesting’ month weather wise. We have had a lot of snow and ice so far this month. Snow I can handle, but I am not a fan of ice in any way, shape or form. Everything just gets so much harder to do in ice. All our family have managed to travel without incident, although they have all come across many other less fortunate folks in ditches, etc. Julie and Anna barely made it to the airport before Christmas to fly out to see James. Kerry and his crew all had white knuckle journeys up from Oklahoma in ice storms. We had a family friend who actually died following a slip and fall on the ice just a few days before Christmas - so incredibly tragic.
Of course, today is supposed to be 49 degrees and now we are facing flooding conditions in this area due to snow melt and the rain from the weekend. Down Donna’s way they had an actual tornado warning this weekend!! Crazy weather.
Anyway, all of this to say here are some requisite weather shots.... :)
![]() |
| I may not like snow and ice, but it IS pretty! |

![]() |
| fog just starting to roll in... |
![]() |
| a little later |
![]() |
| and this is what we are left with now... |
5 Comments
Donna
We didn't get as much snow as you. We've had mostly rain. :( And Mark said there was a "cloud rotation" that went right over the town just a few miles from us! We could hear the tornado sirens going off there. How weird..
Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:10 AM
Donna
Laura, thought you'd be interested since you're such a weather junkie <lol>--I just heard that a few of our neighbors about 1 mile away had machine sheds and vehicles damaged when this tornado passed overhead. In December??
Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:41 PM
Laura
You are right, Donna... weather junkie that I am, I AM interested in this. Glad no
one was hurt! I couldn't believe it when I read about that tornado warning
online. We had pretty high winds up here that night, but no warnings. Just more ice
and snow.
Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:17 PM
Jodi
You're right even though snow and ice can be a bother it can also be very pretty! Nice pictures.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 10:02 AM
Cynthia
The snow and ice definitely make for a pretty landscape!
Saturday, January 3, 2009 - 12:41 PM








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!