Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our First Snow

We brought in December with a fresh snowfall.  I can’t say that I was as excited as the boys were....  I keep remembering how awful and long and difficult last winter was!  I wasn’t done with summer, much less fall!  But, the seasons do have a tendency to move on with or without me.  :)

Having said all that, it was the truly “good” kind of snow - all mushy and perfect for making snowballs and snowmen.  The boys rushed to put on their brand new snowpants (that is how you know you live in a colder climate... you have the ritual yearly purchase of snowpants, snowboots and waterproof gloves) and spent nearly the entire day outside.  Grandpa Jack even took them sledding behind the truck.  I wasn’t here for that event so don’t have pictures, but here are photos from last year.  I grew up LOVING to to sledding behind the truck and Grandpa still gives the best ride!

It was a pretty snow and I am getting used to the idea.  Playing Christmas music helps. :




at Mom and Dad's house

One of the beautiful big 40+ year old trees in Mom and Dad’s yard. 





“ MOM! Lady won’t let us build our snow fort.... she keeps digging a hole inside!”


..... who, me??? 


“Quick! Build it while she’s gone!” 


 ... and she’s back

3 Comments 

Amy

SNOW!!!! I absolutely *LOVE* snow! We got a laughable amount (a dusting) last night. The kids want to play in it, but it's really not enough to do anything
with. This is also the rare event when I want it to disappear, since we'll be moving in 2 days!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 - 11:48 AM


Lisa in ME

Snow is so beautiful but.... LOL I hate shoveling it. :-) I love the photos!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 - 01:20 PM


Cynthia

Tis the season for snow. I had hoped it would stay away a little longer, too... but like you said.. ready or not the seasons do change!

Friday, December 5, 2008 - 07:51 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!