Our beloved Border Collie, Pete, has been gone a year as of December 1. That was such a hard loss for all of us, but especially for Marvin. Pete was truly his partner on the farm. Last February we made the decision to get a new pup and Lady joined our family. She, uh, has taken some getting used to - to put it mildly. :) For one thing, she is a barker! She has our UPS guy completely freaked out (I honestly don’t blame him). She is terrified of people and will growl, bark and carry on until you are certain she wants to eat you alive. She is a bit of a flake and not nearly as smart as Pete was. She can get so excited to see you that she will literally mow you down (you hear her galloping up behind you and just have to brace yourself for the inevitable hit). But, the darn dog has grown on all of us. :) She is, of course, clearly infatuated with her beloved Marvin. She adores him and constantly seeks his attention. The other day I got so tickled watching them outside. Marvin was talking to Jonathan (our resident pyromaniac who was building a bonfire just “because”) and Lady just couldn’t stand to have him ignore HER! Here is a series of photos I took from the window. Too cute.
![]() |
| Ahhhh... heaven.... Marvin is petting me. |
![]() |
| Hey! Wait a minute here... you're not done, are you?? |
![]() |
| Thank you. That's better. |
![]() |
| What's a girl gotta do around here?? |
![]() |
| Maybe if I hang on to him like this... |
![]() |
| Guess I'll just have to burrow through... |
(Here are photos of Jonathan and his fire, too) :)
4 Comments
Hannah
Good ol Pete!
Those pictures are hilarious!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 - 11:03 PM
Cynthia
Ah... it is so sad to lose a pet. Glad your new dog has grown on you. Our dog is getting older and we're not sure how long she'll be around...
Friday, December 5, 2008 - 07:55 PM
donna
Awww, she really loves him!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 -09:38 PM
Anonymous
cute pictures! im sure maturity will help her mellow! I guess one never knows, her mother is very smart and her dad is very mellow. Its really hard for a new dog to live up to a dog you truly had a bond with, especially if they look alike. Janine
Friday, January 30, 2009 - 09:56 AM










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!