As Marvin got out of the Suburban to close the barn I noticed Lady run at HIGH speed into the barn and straight into the arena. She was like a flash! Marvin closed up the barn and got back into the Suburban. I said, "do you think you should let Lady out? She ran in there and didn't come out." Marvin got back out in the snow and opened the barn door. A full, what, 5 seconds have gone by at this point??
Then it HIT! AAARRRRGGHHHHH! Lady must have been chasing a skunk into the barn! She got sprayed! Marvin opened the barn doors and out she ran rubbing her face desperately in the snow. The aroma filled the Suburban and Marvin leaped in. WE drove toward the house trying to keep poor Lady from following us. She was still trying to rub her head off in the snow and we made a mad dash into the garage trying to get the door to shut before she could get inside. Didn't make it. My dear, gallant husband got out of the Suburban again and managed to get Lady outside and the door firmly shut I think leaped out and we ran into the house.
Safe!... we thought. Unfortunately, Marvin must have gotten some of it on him when he was dealing with Lady. We had to put all of his clothing, including his coat, into the wash and put him into the shower. He is smelling much better now. :) But the scent is seeping into our house through the mud room and clear into the kitchen! I keep thinking about the Suburban sitting out there and wondering if I will ever be able to drive it again! Ugh.
Well, so much for worrying about the tack room... it is likely getting snowed on but that is certainly the least of our troubles at this point. How long does it take to get skunk out of a dog, a barn and a garage? I am betting it takes a lot longer than I want it to! :)
5 Comments
Amy
Oh no! As I began reading this post, I was thinking of how romantic it all sounded... dinner alone with the snow falling...
Well, at least you'll have some fun memories to share with your grandchildren, LOL!
Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 12:02 AM
Lisa in ME
LOL I still remember the time my hubby called me at work to say the dog was tied to the apple tree out front and to NOT untie her. She had found a skunk! I hope the smell leaves SOON!
Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 08:43 PM
Laura
The smell is much improved today. Yay! Although, there does seem to be a faint hint of it still in the Suburban - at least when we first open up the door. :( And Lady is banned from being played with for a few more days..... poor girl.
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 04:57 PM
Kristine
Ugh, Laura, that is not even funny. You poor thing!
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 08:46 PM
Amy
Oh no! As I began reading this post, I was thinking of how romantic it all sounded... dinner alone with the snow falling...
Well, at least you'll have some fun memories to share with your grandchildren, LOL!
Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 12:02 AM
Lisa in ME
LOL I still remember the time my hubby called me at work to say the dog was tied to the apple tree out front and to NOT untie her. She had found a skunk! I hope the smell leaves SOON!
Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 08:43 PM
Laura
The smell is much improved today. Yay! Although, there does seem to be a faint hint of it still in the Suburban - at least when we first open up the door. :( And Lady is banned from being played with for a few more days..... poor girl.
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 04:57 PM
Kristine
Ugh, Laura, that is not even funny. You poor thing!
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 08:46 PM
Cynthia
ACK! Oh my... has the smell gone away yet? My mom and our dog got sprayed once when I was in elementary school. All I remember is her giving the dog a bath in tomato juice.... not sure why though (LOL)
Friday, December 5, 2008 - 08:11 PM
Friday, December 5, 2008 - 08:11 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!