Saturday, April 26, 2008

An afternoon with Tapestry of Grace

I invited a few ladies over today to watch a couple of DVD’s about Tapestry of Grace curriculum.  We shared a quick lunch together while we chatted, watched the DVD’s and looked over one Unit of the curriculum.  (Thank you Chris for bringing the lunch and thank you Donna for loaning me the Unit!!!)  Just as an aside..... I made Pioneer Woman’s Olive Cheese Bread and it was YUMMY! 

We watched the Tapestry Tea DVD followed by the DVD overview with Scott and Marcia Somerville.  (Thank you Susan for providing me with these DVD’s!)  Each time I watch these I catch something new that intrigues me.  I truly believe that this is the curriculum for our family.  I am excited about all the various components and especially about having Jackson in the Dialectic level this fall.  Marvin and I are talking about when to place our order.  I plan to begin with Year 2 since we recently finished up our study of the Ancients with Story of the World.  We are already into our Middle Ages study with SOTW, as well - but will begin with Year 2 of TOG anyway.  That will likely help us with transitioning to the new curriculum while studying “review” material.

Gita and Chris both came - but Chris had to leave early to go to a wedding shower.  We also got to meet a new friend, Karista. How nice.    :) 

Karista and Gita

Karista and Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!