Ugh.
I have a lot of great menu ideas but they don’t seem to be going over so well with the men in my family. Specifically, the younger men. :)
Jonathan asked me a bit ago, “What’s for dinner, Mom?”
“I was thinking about making blender pancakes,” I told him.
“Yuck, Mom!”
“Well, then, how about trying my new recipe for Asian Chicken Salad,” I asked.
“Double yuck!”
“Okay, so what is it that YOU would like,” I asked him.
“Well.....” he thought about it awhile. “I guess I would like any kind of meat. If you have meat for dinner you will have me, Mom.”
Then older brother chimed in, “Yeah - and can we have mashed potatoes with the meat?”.
“Men like meat,” finished Jonathan.
Ugh.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008 - 06:20 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008 - 08:51 PM
I have a lot of great menu ideas but they don’t seem to be going over so well with the men in my family. Specifically, the younger men. :)
Jonathan asked me a bit ago, “What’s for dinner, Mom?”
“I was thinking about making blender pancakes,” I told him.
“Yuck, Mom!”
“Well, then, how about trying my new recipe for Asian Chicken Salad,” I asked.
“Double yuck!”
“Okay, so what is it that YOU would like,” I asked him.
“Well.....” he thought about it awhile. “I guess I would like any kind of meat. If you have meat for dinner you will have me, Mom.”
Then older brother chimed in, “Yeah - and can we have mashed potatoes with the meat?”.
“Men like meat,” finished Jonathan.
Ugh.
2 Comments
Anonymous
I thought Marvin liked fried chicken!
Anonymous
I thought Marvin liked fried chicken!
Laura
Ha!
You are right..... the "meat and potatoes" acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!!! :)
You are right..... the "meat and potatoes" acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!