Sunday, April 27, 2008

This and That

Mom was supposed to fly home today but the airline overbooked the flight and bumped about 20 people.... Mom was one of them.  So, she is now back with Daddy and will be staying for the rest of the meeting!  Poor Momma - she was looking forward to coming home and enjoying her flowers and spring weather here at Willis Creek Ranch.  I decided to take some pictures of her flowers for her.... even though it’s not nearly as good as being here to enjoy them herself.  They truly are beautiful! 










Anna has been working diligently for months on a model house for her Design and Build class.   Today was the day that awards were presented for the best designs.  Anna’s team won top prize!  This is the second year in a row that Anna has been a part of the top winning team!  All the houses were on display today at the Multi Purpose Building and this proud aunt had to run by and take some photos.  Unfortunately, I missed seeing Anna there, but did get a photo of her friend and teammate, Kathryn.  They did a fantastic job!



Of course, we were all quite proud that
Anna’s team won “Best Roject”. Ha!




Just for fun, here are some pictures of Anna with her house from last year....







3 Comments 

Amy
Bummer! Did your mom at least get a free ticket? On a brighter note, the flowers are gorgeous! Also, what did your daughter make her model out of? That is incredible! That gives me a good idea for next year's academic fair...
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Debbie
Laura, what gorgeous flowers! I think I'm enjoying the garden more this year than I have in many springs. The winter seemed so long and dreary.

I wanted to thank you for your nice comments on my blog. I think I'm going to just keep doing what I've been doing. I don't really have a lot of extra time to "polish" it too much! LOL
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 09:58 PM

Laura
Amy - Mom was able to transfer her ticket. :) And Anna (my niece) made the house out of all sorts of stuff. I can find out more detail for you if you would like. It was pretty detailed and turned out really well, didn't it? I bet your daughter would have a blast making one for academic fair!

Debbie - I have been loving your flowers on your blog as well!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:40 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!