We are such a close family and it will be so hard to not see him for that length of time. He will likely have some leave at some point, but it is sort of doubtful that he will actually be able to come home. We are so thankful that he is not yet going into a war zone, although we are told that will likely happen in a few months. This morning we just hugged him and told him that we would hold him in our prayers. I swear he is still my “sweet baby James” - that cute little guy that used to ask me to “sing that song again”. :) How can he possibly be grown up and a Marine? Time goes way too quickly.
I need to go cry for a bit and then hug my own sweet “little” boys. I know I will turn around and they, too, will be all grown up. Too soon.
![]() |
| trying to get his suitcase to close! |
![]() |
| Jonathan, James, and Jackson - standing in front of James's prize winning drawings. |
![]() |
| James and Grandpa |
![]() |
| Laura, James, Marvin, and Grandma |
![]() |
| James and Marvin |
![]() |
| Heading out... |
![]() |
| He may be a big, tough Marine, but he will always be my "Sweet Baby James". |
![]() |
| Anna, James, and Julie - at the airport |
6 Comments
aggiemacs
Wow...what a hard day it must have been for you and your family. I will pray for his safety and God's peace for those who love and know him.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 -08:39 PM
aggiemacs
Wow...what a hard day it must have been for you and your family. I will pray for his safety and God's peace for those who love and know him.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 -08:39 PM
Hannah
oh wow, here it is.... Let us know when you hear from him.
Love and miss you all!!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 10:22 PM
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 10:22 PM
Yvonne
I'm so sorry your heart hurts. I'm praying for you. They do grow up fast don't they? I look at my Matt and Drew and ache for those childhood moments when them leaving home was far, far away...
I'm sending love to you this morning!!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 06:55 AM
Laura
Thanks Jenny and Yvonne for your thoughts and prayers. Hannah - we miss you, too!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 01:07 PM
Jennifer
Ah jeez - i was doing okay until you added the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least i don't have to go out in public for a while...do you know if there's a mailing address yet?
Friday, April 18, 2008 - 08:43 PM
Kristine
Well, I don't have music, so I won't cry. But oh my heart goes out to you... And what a wonderful role model James is for Jonathan and Jackson.
I'm so sorry your heart hurts. I'm praying for you. They do grow up fast don't they? I look at my Matt and Drew and ache for those childhood moments when them leaving home was far, far away...
I'm sending love to you this morning!!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 06:55 AM
Laura
Thanks Jenny and Yvonne for your thoughts and prayers. Hannah - we miss you, too!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 01:07 PM
Jennifer
Ah jeez - i was doing okay until you added the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least i don't have to go out in public for a while...do you know if there's a mailing address yet?
Friday, April 18, 2008 - 08:43 PM
Kristine
Well, I don't have music, so I won't cry. But oh my heart goes out to you... And what a wonderful role model James is for Jonathan and Jackson.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!