See what lovely surprise greeted me at school today. :) Jonathan is
my little sweetie. I think he was also trying to make up for
yesterday!!! Don’t ask.... :) :)
Yesterday was sort of tough all over. I just could not get my head together. That is never a good thing, but it is especially bad on baking day! I had 4 batches of bread to bake for customers.... but it took me 7 batches to get it done correctly!!! First, I left the cinnamon and raisins out of the Cinnamon Raisin bread (that might be noticed???).... then I left the yeast out of the Honey Wheat (had to just throw all of that in the trash can)..... then I forgot to put the Oatmeal in the Oatmeal bread. Ugh. Amazingly, I didn’t do anything to the Herb bread. When I finally got done with it all I collapsed - and had a glass of wine. Hmmmm.... maybe I should have had the wine FIRST? Nah - considering how rarely we have wine, that probably wouldn’t have helped at ALL! Oh well - I now have a lot of loaves in my freezer for my family. :)
Yesterday was sort of tough all over. I just could not get my head together. That is never a good thing, but it is especially bad on baking day! I had 4 batches of bread to bake for customers.... but it took me 7 batches to get it done correctly!!! First, I left the cinnamon and raisins out of the Cinnamon Raisin bread (that might be noticed???).... then I left the yeast out of the Honey Wheat (had to just throw all of that in the trash can)..... then I forgot to put the Oatmeal in the Oatmeal bread. Ugh. Amazingly, I didn’t do anything to the Herb bread. When I finally got done with it all I collapsed - and had a glass of wine. Hmmmm.... maybe I should have had the wine FIRST? Nah - considering how rarely we have wine, that probably wouldn’t have helped at ALL! Oh well - I now have a lot of loaves in my freezer for my family. :)
![]() |
| This only LOOKS like a prosperous day! |
We have had a ton of rain in the last 2 days. Our yard looks like a
pond. Tonight at Tae Kwon Do the sky was just so intriguing - I
took a few photos. I love observing the sky - in all kinds of
weather. Just now, watching the news, I am hearing that there were
a couple tornadoes that touched down in the counties just north of
us - at about the time I was taking these photos.
Then, on the way home, Jackson and I took some more pictures of
the sky as the storm was passing.
I do bake bread for others. I am not sure I can say it is "for a living".... but I do sell my bread. :) I don't sell my mistake bread though - that bread my poor family gets
to eat!!
Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 09:36 AM
5 Comments
Donna
Donna
What a LOT of baking!! I'm sure your family won't mind eating your "mistakes." I've been really enjoying the clouds lately. Haven't they been great?
Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 04:24 PM
Dorothy
Hi Donna,
Do you bake for a living?
I always try to bake more, but it's so time-consuming! Maybe I need several bread machines all going at once! {g}
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:13 AM
Laura
Hi Dorothy -
This is Laura. :)
Although Donna does also bake bread for her family. Plus, she is WAY funnier than I am! :)
Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 04:24 PM
Dorothy
Hi Donna,
Do you bake for a living?
I always try to bake more, but it's so time-consuming! Maybe I need several bread machines all going at once! {g}
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:13 AM
Laura
Hi Dorothy -
This is Laura. :)
Although Donna does also bake bread for her family. Plus, she is WAY funnier than I am! :)
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 09:18 AM
Laura
Dorothy -
Forgot to mention - I "cheat" a little..... I use my Bosch mixer and make 5 loaves of dough at a time. Plus, I have 2 ovens so I can keep the bread rotating pretty well. I can do about 25 loaves in about 4 hours. Not too bad.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 09:20 AM
julie
Laura
I realize your probably over this tough day you had a while back, but it stuck in my head and I thought I would share this with you.
I woke up this EARLY this morning intending to make scones for my family. Well, when I realized I was going to sacrifice 4c. of flour and #3/4 of butter, I changed my mind and decided to make muffins instead. I was trying to be on the healthy side, so I decided to sub half of the white flour for wheat flour.
Well, my muffins turned out TERRIBLE! They raised and then sunk. I couldn't figure it out. SInce it was so early, I got on the computer and was Googling Baking with Wheat Flour, quickbreads with wheat flour, etc; anything to ease my mind. Still, nothing. I decided to just give up on this whole baking thing. It has it ups and down days. Well, a little while later I realized, I FORGOT to add the WHITE FLOUR! DUHHH! Anyway, we all have our moments of complete forgetfulness.
Hope you and your family are well.
Take care
Julie
Laura
Dorothy -
Forgot to mention - I "cheat" a little..... I use my Bosch mixer and make 5 loaves of dough at a time. Plus, I have 2 ovens so I can keep the bread rotating pretty well. I can do about 25 loaves in about 4 hours. Not too bad.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 09:20 AM
julie
Laura
I realize your probably over this tough day you had a while back, but it stuck in my head and I thought I would share this with you.
I woke up this EARLY this morning intending to make scones for my family. Well, when I realized I was going to sacrifice 4c. of flour and #3/4 of butter, I changed my mind and decided to make muffins instead. I was trying to be on the healthy side, so I decided to sub half of the white flour for wheat flour.
Well, my muffins turned out TERRIBLE! They raised and then sunk. I couldn't figure it out. SInce it was so early, I got on the computer and was Googling Baking with Wheat Flour, quickbreads with wheat flour, etc; anything to ease my mind. Still, nothing. I decided to just give up on this whole baking thing. It has it ups and down days. Well, a little while later I realized, I FORGOT to add the WHITE FLOUR! DUHHH! Anyway, we all have our moments of complete forgetfulness.
Hope you and your family are well.
Take care
Julie









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!