Well, we did it! We ordered Tapestry of Grace, Year 2, Redesigned. Marvin and I are both excited
about this curriculum. Not only will it solve our dilemma of how to keep both boys together on
the same subjects at their OWN level, but it is a “forever” kind of curriculum. It is a Classical
approach to history, literature, geography and the arts along with a marvelous Worldview. It even
has some church history and philosophy thrown in! There is also a writing program that
complements all of the subjects being studied. And the best thing is that it is designed to be used
for all students in all years from Kindergarten through 12th grade! You use the same 4 years over
and over with all of your students! That truly makes it a “forever” curriculum.
This past year I have been watching other families blog about their studies and activities using Tapestry of Grace, particularly De’Etta and family at Choosing Joy. That really peaked my interest. Then I met Donna who let me borrow her Year 2 Unit 2 - allowing me to truly take my time looking through TOG. I read every single word in that Unit!! :) Finally, Susan was gracious enough to invite me and Gita to her home to show us more about Tapestry, including some of the wonderful hands on projects that are included in the curriculum.
Susan sent me home with a couple of DVD’s which Marvin and I promptly watched together. That was the final piece of the puzzle. Marvin was very impressed with the information and encouraged me to use Tapestry of Grace. One thing that really got his attention are the Pop Quizzes - these are actually CD’s that have each week broken down into a 15 minute summary for the Dad (Pop) to listen to. The CD’s provide enough information to allow him to know what we are studying and they even give him pointers on what to ask the boys about. :) What a neat idea!
This past year I have been watching other families blog about their studies and activities using Tapestry of Grace, particularly De’Etta and family at Choosing Joy. That really peaked my interest. Then I met Donna who let me borrow her Year 2 Unit 2 - allowing me to truly take my time looking through TOG. I read every single word in that Unit!! :) Finally, Susan was gracious enough to invite me and Gita to her home to show us more about Tapestry, including some of the wonderful hands on projects that are included in the curriculum.
Susan sent me home with a couple of DVD’s which Marvin and I promptly watched together. That was the final piece of the puzzle. Marvin was very impressed with the information and encouraged me to use Tapestry of Grace. One thing that really got his attention are the Pop Quizzes - these are actually CD’s that have each week broken down into a 15 minute summary for the Dad (Pop) to listen to. The CD’s provide enough information to allow him to know what we are studying and they even give him pointers on what to ask the boys about. :) What a neat idea!
2 Comments
Kerry
Laura,
Thanks for your posts on TOG! Sounds very interesting. I've been browsing the website, and I'm finding it difficult to figure out how much it would cost to do TOG per year. Can you enlighten me? Thanks,
PEACE Kerry
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 07:09 PM
Laura
Kerry -
I sent you an email. :)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:38 PM
Laura,
Thanks for your posts on TOG! Sounds very interesting. I've been browsing the website, and I'm finding it difficult to figure out how much it would cost to do TOG per year. Can you enlighten me? Thanks,
PEACE Kerry
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 07:09 PM
Laura
Kerry -
I sent you an email. :)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:38 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!