Sunday, October 5, 2008

An $800 crab rangoon and other economic happenings

What seemed like such a great idea turned out to be a bit costly. Last Wednesday evening we decided to head to our favorite Chinese restaurant for a quick and easy supper. As I took my first bite of crab rangoon (one of my favorite things!I sensed that there was something a bit different this time.... crunchier, somehow? Hmmmm..... no, that would be my own tooth, broken! Ugh. It wasn’t the fault of the restaurant, I had a small fracture in that tooth already and I guess the timing was just right for it to break. It did sort of put a damper on the rest of the meal, at least for me. :The next day my dentist worked me in and put on a temporary crown. I go back in a couple weeks for the real one all for the everyday low, low price of $805. No, we don’t have dental insurance. You know the truly ironic thing? We were running behind on Wednesday because Jonathan had been to the dentist that afternoon (only $115 for him!). :Ugh.

Then on Thursday my dear husband was working on digging post holes for a new fence he is putting up right next to an old fence that is falling apart. As he was digging the post holes he kept having a feeling that there was something he was supposed to be remembering.... (feel free to think “uh, oh” hereAs he finished digging the final post hole, Jackson said to him, “Dad, this hole over here is smoking!” Uh oh. Oh yeah.... NOW he remembered. The last time he put a fence up here they hit the electric line to the barn!

Luckily, the repair guy is a good natured fellow who was able to come out the very next morning. And he only made 1 or 2 jokes about the last time he came.... for the very same area.... for the very same repair. :)










1 Comment
Dorothy
oh dear, sorry to hear about those expensive incidents!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 -02:02 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!