Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homecoming parade and football game

Waiting for the parade to start

Saturday morning we headed in to town for the TSU Homecoming parade.  Since Homecoming was about 3 weeks earlier than usual we were much warmer than is typical.  It was sort of nice not to be huddled in our coats and mittens all day long.  :)  I do love a parade and this one never disappoints, although there didn't seem to be as many area bands marching as we had last year.  But, here goes my old alma mater!  Brings back memories!




This time I was able to get a photo of Beth!  She and Lanny were named Alumni of the Year - quite fitting.




Daddy and Harry Gallatin always get a kick out of wearing their KSTC sweatshirts - that story goes back a long way, doesn't it?




We stood in front of Patty's University Bookstore but the bands weren't playing at that point in the parade.  Julie was disappointed so Patty took action!  It worked!  So Julie was obliged to pay her off.  Money well spent!  :)



Julie, Maria, and Patty


Mama and Juan (who came up for the festivities)



Buddies - Jackson, Jonathan, and Adrian


That afternoon we enjoyed the football game - winning in double overtime! 





3 Comments
Hannah
Looks like fun!! Ahh, I remember those cold ones... that's when the hot chocolate at the football games came in handy!
Friday, October 10, 2008 11:07 PM

Amy
You've been TAGGED!
http://summerz1.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag.html
Saturday, October 18, 2008 01:09 AM

Cynthia
YEA! I finally found your blog again. In the past, I've tried to subscribe to the RSS feed several times.... even as recently as last week. Tonight it finally accepted the request! I'm looking forward to catching up with you on your blog again.... Cynthia from SHS
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 -09:27 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!