Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cream of Broccoli Soup




Cream of Broccoli Soup

2 cups of broccoli - cut up
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I use Pampered Chef Rosemary Herb seasoning)
small bay leaf
garlic - cloves pressed
salt and pepper to taste
(any other seasonings you may want....)
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk or half and half

Put broccoli, broth and seasonings in pot - boil - then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Take out the bay leaf.  Put in blender and puree, then put in bowl.

Melt butter, add flour salt, pepper, to make a roux.  Then add milk or half and half.... pour vege mix into pot and stir to blend.

I usually double or triple this recipe.

Serve with hot fresh bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!