Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Braid




Ah - an oldie but a goodie!  This is actually one of Jonathan’s very favorite meals, if you can believe it!  :)  I first made this way back when I was a consultant for Pampered Chef.  It was always a hit at a show and it is still yummy today.

                             Chicken and Broccoli Braid

   2 cups cooked chicken, chopped  (I used 3 chicken breasts)
   1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped  (can use frozen and I always use more)
   1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped  (you can leave this out)
   1 garlic clove, pressed
   4 ounces (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
   1/2 cup mayonnaise
   2 teaspoons All-Purpose Dill Mix
   1/4 teaspoon salt
   2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
   2 tablespoons slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix first 8 ingredients together in bowl.  Unroll package of crescent dough; do not separate.  Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12”x15” Rectangle Baking Stone.  Repeat with remaining dough.  Roll dough to seal perforations.  On longest sides of dough, cut dough strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using Pizza Cutter.  (There will be about 6 inches in the center for filling.)  Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.  To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn.  Continue alternating strips to form a braid.  Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.  Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 27-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.  


Here are some more photos of the preparation of the braid.  Trust me, if you just twist the tops a little bit and then “plunk” it over, it will look GREAT when it comes out of the oven!  :)

                                      ready to begin the “braid”





                                      ready to go in the oven 




Yum!  The finished product!  And I do have to say that it really is best baked on a Pampered Chef stoneware pan - like the bar pan shown in these photos.  For those unfamiliar with PC stones, this pan is nicely seasoned, NOT dirty!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!