Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fettuccine Imperial




When Marvin and I lived in Nashville, TN we often went to a little Italian restaurant called Amerigos.  It had the best crusty Italian bread and dipping oil that I have ever had anywhere!  And one of my favorite dishes to order was something they called Fettuccine Imperial.  After we moved to Missouri I decided to try to come up with my own version of Fettuccine Imperial.  I change what I do with this recipe periodically, based on what I have in my cabinet and what I feel like....  :)  but here is my most recent version.

Box of fettuccine (I used linguine this time... it’s what I had)
chicken breasts (I used 2)
ham (leftover ham from a spiral cut ham)
mushrooms
frozen peas (I usually add these in, but didn’t this time)
onion
garlic
butter
salt and pepper
Knorr Alfredo sauce mix packet
Knorr 4 Cheese sauce mix packet

Cook the fettuccine or linguine al dente and set aside.  Cook the chicken breasts in a skillet until nicely browned then set aside.  Melt butter in a saucepan and add the sliced mushrooms, minced garlic and chopped onions to saute.  Add the 2 Knorr sauce mix packets and stir into the sauted butter/garlic/onions until you have a roux.  Add in the required amount of milk (based on the Knorr directions.)  Whisk in pan until thickened.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Mix all ingredients together in bowl.... noodles, chicken (cut up), ham (cut up), peas and the sauce with veges.  Toss to evenly coat and serve with crusty bread and salad.  YUM!

When I don’t have the Knorr sauce packets I create my own sauce using cream cheese, shredded Italian mix cheese, sour cream and milk.  Just play around with those ingredients to get the mix/taste you want. 


UPDATE - I was asked how much onion and garlic I use in this recipe.  I am afraid that am not good at measuring.  :)  I just toss stuff in until it looks right and tastes good.  If I were guessing I would say about 1/4 of an onion and about 4 cloves of garlic.   Sorry I can’t be more precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!