One of our favorites around here is “De’Etta’s Moosewood Refried Beans”, so I took a look at several other recipes she has posted on her blog and decided to try this one. This was a hit! Thanks De’Etta! (I found several other yummy recipes on your blog that I also want to try.) :)
Here is De’Etta’s recipe for Easy “Beef” Stroganoff....
1 pound ground turkey (I have made it using beef, as well...)
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
2 T flour
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp. sea salt
dash of pepper
garlic - I minced several cloves
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
mushrooms
1 cup plain yogurt
Brown meat with onion, mushrooms and butter. Sprinkle four in and stir. Add ketchup, broth, salt, garlic, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. (At De’Etta’s written suggestion, we increased the amounts of most of the above ingredients. It was perfect!) Simmer until done. Stir in yogurt just before serving. Serve over rice or pasta. (We served it over whole grain Penne Pasta.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!