Friday, October 10, 2008

Broccoli Rice Casserole




Believe it or not, this is the very first time that I have made this side dish.  I have always liked to eat this - looking for it at potlucks - but until tonight had not made my own version.  I had some left over rice (and we ALWAYS have broccoli) so I put this together earlier in the day.  

1 cup celery (I used less than that)
1/2 stick margarine or butter
1 cup onion (I used less than that)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I used about 6oz. of  cheddar jack)
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of evaporated milk (I may have used a bit more than 1/2 can - I just poured until it looked right)
12 oz. frozen broccoli 

Saute onion and celery in butter.  Thaw broccoli in microwave.  Combine all with remaining ingredients.  Bake in a 2 quart casserole at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!