Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Lasagna



Marvin and I really enjoyed this.  The boys.... not so much.  :(

2 cups (16 oz.) cottage cheese
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teas. salt
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1 package (6 oz.) stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese.  In a large bowl, combine chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt.                                                                                                          Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.  Top with 3 noodles.  Spread with half of the cheese mixture.  Repeat layers.  Toss stuffing mix with butter (I tossed it with a little butter and some hot water) then sprinkle over casserole.                                                    Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.  Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.  Yield - 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!