Okay, so we went a bit crazy with rice for dinner tonight.... (this and the Broccoli Rice Casserole) didn’t plan it - it just happened. Oh well. Dinner was good anyway. :) This was the first time I have made Chicken Jerusalem and it was a hit! We will have it again for sure.
6 chicken breasts
1/2 stick butter
2 packages Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
6 oz. cream cheese (cut into chunks for melting)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in skillet. Sprinkle Italian dressing mix into melted butter. Cook chicken breasts in this mixture until lightly golden (about 1/2 way cooked through). Remove chicken breasts from pan and place in 9 x 13 baking dish. To the pan add all remaining ingredients and stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted and gravy is smooth. Pour this gravy over the chicken breasts and cover tightly with foil. Bake in oven for 45 minutes (or 1 hour for bone in breasts). Serve over rice.
4 Comments
It looks like a wonderfully yummy comfort food!!! (By the name, I was wondering if it used Jerusalem artichokes, and I couldn't remember exactly WHAT they are!)
Saturday, March 8, 2008 - 08:02 PM
LAURA
Kristine -
I haven't a clue why it is called Chicken Jerusalem. Hmmmm..... that is just the name it had on it when I found it. :)
Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:01 AM
LISA MYERS
This looks and sound delicious. I can't wait to try it. Yes, I am in a recipe rut too. Nothing we usually have sounds good. This looks so good! Thanks for sharing Laura!
Friday, March 21, 2008 - 03:10 AM
LAURA
Lisa -
We had this dish again last night and it was STILL a hit! :) Yummy!
Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 09:02 AM
VICTORIA
Chicken Jerusalem is called Chicken Jerusalem because it does traditionally have Jerusalem Artichokes (or sunchokes) as a component in the dish. Jerusalem Artichokes are highly nutritious and have been known to be a WONDERFUL potato substitute for diabetics. Monday, March 15, 2010 - 07:51 PM
Chicken Jerusalem is called Chicken Jerusalem because it does traditionally have Jerusalem Artichokes (or sunchokes) as a component in the dish. Jerusalem Artichokes are highly nutritious and have been known to be a WONDERFUL potato substitute for diabetics. Monday, March 15, 2010 - 07:51 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!